Programs and events we sponsor
Annual Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair
The free annual Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair is a joint Whole Community event to help bring awareness to being better prepared for emergencies and disasters. The 9th annual Fair will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2016 in the San Fernando Valley, California. See website for more information: ValleyDisasterFair.com.
A free and easy 9-step neighborhood response plan taught by community volunteers in about three hours to you and your immediate neighbors. MYN is a bridge between individual preparedness and programs like CERT. MYN saves lives, reduces the severity of injuries and trauma, and reduces property damage. Working together as a team and contributing as an individual develops stronger communities and improves the quality of life in the community. MYN has a proven track record implemented in 42 states and worldwide. This short article published in the April 2013 issue of Granada Hills Life provides more details about the program. For more information, email MYN@SoCalPrep.us.
The CERT program is an all-risk, all-hazard training. This valuable course is designed to help you protect yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your neighborhood in an emergency situation. CERT members receive 17 1/2 hours of initial training. CERT training is provided free of charge within the city of Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Fire Department. How valuable is the CERT program? Watch this short video. For more information about the CERT program: cert-la.com.
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Los Angeles area, www.areslax.org
- American Radio Relay League—advocates for amateur radio, www.arrl.org
- American Red Cross, Los Angeles, www.redcrossla.org
- American Red Cross national organization, www.redcross.org
- Business & Industry Council for Emergency Planning & Preparedness, www.bicepp.org
- California Emergency Management Agency, www.oes.ca.gov
- CERT, Los Angeles, www.cert-la.com
- City of Los Angeles Emergency Management Department, www.emergency.lacity.org
- Earthquake Country Alliance/Southern California Earthquake Center, www.earthquakecountry.info/roots
- Emergency Survival Program, www.espfocus.org
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, www.fema.gov
- FEMA Ready website, www.ready.gov
- The Great California ShakeOut, www.shakeout.org
- LA County Alert system, www.lacounty.gov/emergency/alert-la
- LAFD Auxiliary Communication Service (ACS), www.lafdacs.org
- LAFD website, www.lafd.org
- LAPD, other police and public safety agency alerts, www.nixle.com
- Pet Safe Coalition, www.petsafecoalition.org
- The RED (Recovery Emergency Disaster) Guide to Recovery, www.theredguidetorecovery.com
The Southern California Preparedness Foundation is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Preparation is key!
Remember, when a disaster strikes, the time for preparation has ended. So, don't procrastinate preparation! We're a nonprofit corporation, and we want to help you be ready.
For further information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways you can support the Foundation
Reasons to donate:
- Your donation is tax deductible because we are a 501(c)(3) corporation. (Everyone's tax situation is different, so please consult your tax advisor.)
- Our organization consists solely of dedicated volunteers who receive no compensation for their work.
- For each dollar invested in preparedness, there is a $4 to $40 savings in response and recovery.
- Preparation saves lives, reduces severity of injuries, and reduces property damage.
- We do not pay professional fundraisers.
Ways to donate:
Donate via PayPal
Make a direct contribution via PayPal by clicking the Donate button below:
PayPal generously sends 100% of your donation to the Southern California Preparedness Foundation.
Donate via check
Write a check to the Southern California Preparedness Foundation and mail it to:
Southern California Preparedness Foundation
19300 Rinaldi Street, Unit 7333
Northridge, CA 91327-8818